- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Application;
- How we use the personal information;
- What organizations we share the information with;
- How to update your information; and options to unsubscribe;
- Our internet protocol address;
- How the Application uses “cookies”;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control;
- Links on our website; and
- Contacting the Webmaster.
What Information We Collect
- When Accessing the Application
- As a Guest. The Application may be accessed on an anonymous basis as a guest. If you elect to access the Application as a guest you will not need to create a user name or password. However, if you connect with JRI and receive any of the Services you will be asked by a JRI Provider to create a unique identifier so that your information can be accessed by JRI each time you use the Application.
- With an Account. If you elect to create an account to access the Application, you may be asked to create a password and provide JRI with certain personal information such as: your name, phone number and e-mail address and/or other similar information.
- When Receiving the Services. All Services provided by JRI Providers through the Application are subject to JRI’s Notice of Privacy Practices and state and federal privacy laws applicable to such Services including, but not limited to, HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, and Massachusetts Data Security Laws (the “Privacy Laws”).
- When Accessing the Application
- How We Use Your Information
JRI does not plan to use the personal information collected through the Application. JRI will only share your PHI, including any highly sensitive information, provided when receiving the Services in accordance with the Privacy Laws and JRI’s policies and procedures. In most cases, this will likely require your consent before your information is shared outside of JRI. Also, JRI may de-identify the information it collects from Participants so that JRI can assess the Application and the Services for its internal purposes and to use and/or obtain funding and market the Application.
- Will You Share My Name or Information With Other Organizations?
No. JRI will not disclose your name or any other information collected through the Application unless it is in accordance with the Privacy Laws or JRI is required to do so by law.
- Updating Your Information and Options to Unsubscribe
If you need to correct the information you have provided to JRI through the Application you can do so in the profile. Participants may choose not to receive e-mail communications from JRI by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the e-mails themselves. Additionally, Rise On will send push notifications to your mobile device through services such as Apple’s Push Notification Service for iOS devices and Google’s CD2M and Cloud Messaging for Android devices. The notifications will alert you to important changes regarding our Services, your Rise On account. You can manage these push notifications by clicking on the “My Account” link in Rise On and modifying your preferences.
- Internet Protocol Address
We collect an Internet Protocol (IP) address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information in order to improve the site, and to deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Use of “Cookies”
All information provided to JRI is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt or scramble data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it in a secure location that is only accessible by appropriate JRI employees. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We strive to protect your information; however, we cannot completely ensure the security of such information.The confidentiality of information sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Your email, like most non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed without your knowledge or permission while in transit to us. Therefore, while we take responsible precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your email, we cannot guarantee the security of any email correspondence sent to us. If you consider the
information you are communicating to be confidential, please do not use email.
- Links on the Application
The Application contains links to Community Resources and Educational Materials from organizations other than JRI. Please note that JRI does not in any way imply, suggest, or constitute any sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of these organizations. When you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which JRI has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different from ours.
- Contacting the Website
Hypertext links to Internet sites outside of JRI are provided, in good faith, as a convenience to users. These external information sources are outside JRI’s control and it is the responsibility of the Internet users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, reliability and correctness of information found.
In providing links to external websites, JRI takes no responsibility for the contents of those sites. JRI makes no warranty, representation or undertaking whether expressed or implied nor does it assume any legal responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information located via hypertext links to external websites. No endorsement of those sites and/or their contents is implied.
JRI accepts no liability whether direct or indirect for any loss or damage a person or organization suffers because that person or organization had directly or indirectly relied on any information located through hypertext links to external websites.